Tuesday, October 13, 2009

#2 Awesome Book

As some of you in my class have probably seen, I was reading an overly large book for the past week. You probably remember our science substitute asking me if I was reading the Bible when he was doing those cool math tricks. Well, I finished that book a few days ago and I think that it was one of the best books I have ever read! If you don't remember, it was not called the Bible, it was called Dark Visions. This fantastic book and many others was written by L. J. Smith, a well known author who has won many awards for her spectacular books.

Dark Visions has three smaller books inside it, but they are the same story continued on(in my opinion I don't think that it needs to be divided into three smaller stories). Kaitlyn Fairchild, the main character, has a special gift. She is able to predict the future and read peoples minds through her drawings. She receives an opportunity to attend a special institute where she will learn how to control and enhance her powers, but something very bad is happening to the herself and the four other psychics she meets there. Kaitlyn, Anna, Lewis, Rob, and Gabriel are at the institute and find out what has been going on behind their backs. One goes to the dark side and leaves the others to fight him and his new dark friends. In the midst of all this, Kaitlyn is falling for two guys, Rob and Gabriel. She must choose who she will stay with, but will all their psychic mess happening will she be able to choose? I guess you'll just have to read the book to find out.

This action packed story will keep you on the edge of your seat guessing what's going to happen next. I promise you, once your past the first couple chapters, you won't be able to put this book down! I sure wasn't able to put it down. For those who like action and fantasy this is the book for you. I LOVED this book and I'm sure if you read it you will too.

1 comment:

  1. Lyndsey, I LOVE that you posted this book review. Very cool and definitely appropriate use of your blogspace. I have officially added this to my reading list...and shared your post with Ruby (aka Emma) who is looking for a new book to read.

    Well written review by the way.

    ReplyDelete