Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gooey Band-Aids

Who knew you could get something like a chemical burn from putting vinegar on the sticky stuff left behind from band-aids? Well I guess you can! Last year in the springy summery time I got a horrible horse fly bite. I could not stop scratching it! After scratching it for about 3 days, and almost having myself pick it off, I couldn't stand myself constantly scratching it. I put a band-aid on it so that I would stop scratching it but it didn't work. I kept scratching at the band-aid, and decided that I had to do something to the actual bug bite.



My mom said that if you put vinegar on bites it takes the itch away, so I thought that I might as well try it. When I took the band-aid off, gooey sticky band-aid glue was left behind. I didn't think that it would matter that it was there. Unfortunately for me, the vinegar and the band-aid glue made like a chemical reaction and it looked like it burnt my skin. After a couple days my skin began to peel of my leg, and I could barely walk it hurt so much. The one day that we were outside for gym class the back of my leg was showing and one of my friends thought that my leg had caught fire or something, and that was what was left behind. It was so terrible! My leg still has a scar on it from the band-aid gooeyness.



Life Lesson: Don't mix vinegar and band-aid gooey stuff!!!





I commented on Emilie's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment