Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hashbrown

When I was little I went to the mall with my mom one day. We were walking around, and like always we stopped at the pet store. In the front window there were four of the most adorable puppies that you have ever seen. They were Yorkshire Terrier and Toy Poodle crosses. There were three boy puppies and one girl. I was set on getting one of these puppies. My favourite one was the darkest brown one. It ended up that the one I liked was the girl. My mom fell in love with the puppy as fast as I did, but there was only one problem. I had to get my dad to agree to buy the puppy.


It ended up not being that hard to convince him to buy the puppy, who at the time was called Shelby. I think that he fell in love with her the minute that he saw her, although he won't admit it. After filling out all the paperwork we were allowed to take Shelby home. Right when I got home I knew what Shelby's new name was going to be. She was a dirty brown colour with a darker stripe down the middle of her back and on her ears. I thought that she looked like a hash brown so that is what I called her. Hashbrown turned out to be the most adorable dog, and she is pretty well behaved too. I love Hashbrown and so does everyone who meets her.





Life Lesson: Dogs actually are a man's (and woman's) best friend!!!





I commented on Rowena's Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Hashbrown looks adorable! This is almost exactly how I got my dog Bella, except we got her from the Humane Society in Waterloo instead of the mall. This post captures Hashbrown nicely and I like the way you put a picture there so I could see what she looks like. Man I wish I could write like you. You sum up everything in just two paragraphs! I wish I could do that. I also love your life lesson. Dogs are a human's best friend! Keep up the good work!

    Emma S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Lyndsey I love Hashbrown!!!! I used to have a dog like that but she was a mix between a German Shepard and a Husky. After 16 years she died of old age, but it was ok. I agree with Emma, you are such a great writer. You put so much description in to your work. Does it just come naturally to you? It was such a great post and I wish my dad was like your dad and just fall in love with a dog.

    ReplyDelete