Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kryptonite

Superman, the most well known super hero ever. He was extraordinarily hard to beat if you were a villain, the only thing that could help you was his weakness to kryptonite. He has a weakness, just like everyone else. He knew that he had a weakness, but I don't think he accepted it. Another example of someone well known with a weakness is Achilles. He had a weak ankle that was eventually the cause of his death. If you're thinking that only made up people have weaknesses then you are wrong because there are many real people who have problems with some things. Like Barack Obama. He has many excellent strengths as we all know, but there are some things that people see as weaknesses in him. Experience, race, and even his name are seen as some of his weaknesses. He doesn't see them as weaknesses though.



Like everyone I have weaknesses. I am a very shy person if I am around people who I don't know. Because of this I have missed out on many things. I now regret that I haven't been able to overcome my shyness, because if I had I would have been able to get better things out of events like the Youth In Action Summit. I acknowledge my weakness and I have been working on it to be a more outgoing person around strangers. If I do become more outgoing then I will get more out of life and have more friends to surround myself with. I acknowledge my weakness and am not ashamed of it and you shouldn't be ashamed of yours. Figure out what your weaknesses are and find a way to overcome them.



Life Lesson: Everybody has a weaknesses, and you shouldn't be ashamed about yours. Just find a way to overcome it.


I commented on Marcus' blog

1 comment:

  1. interesting blog lyndsey
    especially the part about super man but it was still ok. guess what. I have a weekness too. you probably don't know that I too am shy around people I dont know. I'm not as hyper as I am in class.
    if u try to not be shy I wont either. deal? anyhow really liked your blog lynz.
    Blayne <3

    ReplyDelete